Structural Engineer - ( 200001YH )
Many of the world's top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community's interaction with water a bit differently-as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we're hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O U.
As a Professional Engineer on our Structural Team your role is to work with general supervision and direction on multiple projects, and as a team member on larger projects under the guidance of a Senior Structural Engineer. You will participate in the evaluation, analysis, calculations, design drawings, recommendations, and specifications for engineered systems or products for projects, verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards/practices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform preliminary and detailed structural analysis and design for Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants, Reservoirs, other Hydraulic Containment Facilities, Industrial and Administrative Buildings
- Design, analyze and specify primarily reinforced concrete, masonry and structural steel systems
- Be responsible for projects of varying complexity and size
- Lead or support an engineering Team responsible for evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering all structural engineered systems or products for a project
- Lead or support an engineering Team responsible for the preparation and revisions to documentation in various structural phases including conceptual design, detailed design, and construction support.
- Engage in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats
- Utilize computing technologies for the development of three-dimensional models of structural systems and provide markups for junior engineers/designers
- Lead or support project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors
- Participate in client project requirement meetings and value analysis
- Assist project technical leaders and project managers with developing and managing the project scope, budget, staffing and schedule
- Lead or support preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents
- Be responsible for the preparation of structural calculations using company standard software, and proprietary manufacturer software
- Assist in the development of new standards and specifications for the structural group
- Work on multiple projects, simultaneously
- Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs and completing progress reports.
- Review Contractor's shop drawing and submittals regarding structural work and investigating and developing engineered solutions to Contractor's Requests for Information.
- Assist technical staff in field activities including structural observations, monitoring and other fieldwork.
- Working in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of structural design codes, standards, and applicable building codes
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications
- Strong knowledge of structural systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought
- Thorough understanding of structural engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Presentation and interview skills are preferred
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Requires experience producing 3D models and 2D structural engineering drawings using Bentley Structural and Microstation, or Revit and AutoCad
- Requires experience using structural engineering/finite element analysis software such as STAAD, RAM, SAP2000, RISA
- Requires heavy civil construction field experience
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil or Structural Engineering required; Master's degree preferred.
Florida licensed Professional Civil Engineer required.
Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Typical office environment includes working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Project assignments may require periodic travelling.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Tampa
Job : Structural Engineer
Organization : BC-2243 Water-Delivery-US
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 15, 2021, 8:01:26 PM
Req ID: 200001YH
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans