Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Your Opportunity Our Energy & Resources division is currently seeking a Structural Engineer join our Telecommunications department in our Mississauga, ON office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Visiting existing telecommunication sites: tower compounds or building rooftops; Preparation of technical reports and specifications;
- Assisting with the quality control verification process;
- Assisting with the preparation of technical processes and standards;
- Meeting with clients to review scope of work and project specifications.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in condition assessment;
- Experience working at heights;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team environment;
- Strong problem solving, research, and decision-making skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage tasks deadlines, support people, create effective partnerships through leadership, and apply sound reason to business problems;
- Good judgement and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply;
- Valid driver's license and a reliable car for travel within GTA and Southwestern Ontario required.
Structural Engineer with Registration as a Professional Engineer or eligible for licensure in Ontario is required.
0-2 years of experience in telecommunication tower analysis.
0-2 years of experience in building design.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top