Your Opportunity At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we help wherever we can. The goals of our clients and their communities remain at the center of everything we create. Join our community, and help us get mined materials to the global communities who need them. Help us connect with our stakeholders and build lasting relationships.
Your Duties Our Sudbury, Ontario Mining group has a need for a Structural Engineer. You would work with various clients in completing feasibility studies and detailed engineering projects for underground and surface mining operations. You would have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in the Sudbury area as well as across Canada and abroad.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Understanding and working per the requirements of the Stantec Safety As a Discipline Engineer you are expected to make a personal commitment towards preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety on a daily basis through actions and involvement in our employees' work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our ultimate goal of zero harm within our operations
- Working in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its clients
- Ensuring all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of technology
- Review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructibility problems prior to issue to clients
- Structural design and analysis to applicable codes. Typical structures include headframes, hoist houses, collar houses, conveyor galleries, equipment foundations, bins, shaft steel structures, and other mine related infrastructure
- Completion of fit-for-purpose designs that meet the client's needs and requests
- Preparation of quality reports and calculation packages as project deliverables
- Working with designers on the project collaboratively to achieve design drawings with appropriate level of detail
- Interfacing with other disciplines and project management to execute projects as per the project plan
- Site visits for structural condition assessments/inspections, trouble shooting, and client coordination
Your Capabilities and Credentials As the ideal candidate, you have:
- A Professional Engineering license in the province of Ontario (or the ability to obtain an Ontario license through reciprocity)
- 3 to 10 years of engineering, design, and construction experience in heavy industry, particularly surface and/or underground mining
- Strength in analysis and design including structural steel and reinforced concrete
- Excellent knowledge of applicable design codes and familiarity with Mine Health and Safety
- Ability to lead execution of structural discipline scope on projects
- Proficiency in use of STAAD Pro
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal skills
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top