Structural Engineer - Buildings - Senior
Your Opportunity: Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. By creating memorable, enduring spaces, our projects connect people and places, outperform the competition and optimize the value of the owner's assets. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers collaborates with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join our busy, dynamic, multi-disciplinary team that balances multiple project interests and requirements with creativity and design effectiveness for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Your Duties: The successful candidate for this senior level Structural Engineer - Buildings will provide technical expertise in structural buildings systems and mentoring to our Structural Engineering practice within our Buildings Engineering group. We are involved in a wide range of projects of various complexity ranging from the high-rise buildings to healthcare projects, yet we also work on smaller projects such as seismic upgrades and tenant improvement projects. If you are an excellent communicator and skilled problem-solver who wants to play a pivotal role in a diverse range of building projects while guiding to a talented young team, then we would like to hear to you!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and coordinate structural engineering designs from conceptual design, through tender into construction
- Oversee design calculations, technical specifications, and engineering drawings for concrete, steel, masonry and wood building structures.
- Apply professional seal to construction documents or engineering reports
- Monitor and take professional responsibility for design completed by structural team members
- Liaise with architects, engineering disciplines, clients and other project stakeholders to determine project objectives. Relay objectives to project team. Ensure project objectives are met
- Assist Project Managers in developing project budgets, work plans, and schedules
- Coach intermediate and junior staff members informally or through formal presentations..
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil or Structural engineering from an accredited University
- P.Eng. in BC (or elsewhere in Canada mandatory); Struct. Eng. designation highly desirable
- Minimum of 12 years of post-graduation experience in a structural design of architectural projects including hi-rise and seismic design experience, project management ability and possess a thorough understanding of the design of various building structures and project delivery types
- Healthcare sector experience is considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, experience with structural finite element engineering design software such as ETABS, SAP, SAFE, RAM, and STAAD. Revit experience/knowledge is highly desirable
- Articulate communicator, orally and in writing
- Effective leadership ability in team development, project management and delivery and time management
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in technology and to integrate new technologies into daily work processes
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top