- Mechanicsburg, PA
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec has an opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our growing team of transportation professionals assisting with the Bridge Structure effort throughout Pennsylvania.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Role of Bridge Design Task Leader
- Structural design and project delivery for both complex and non-complex transportation structures including bridges, retaining walls, and toll plaza facilities in accordance with specifications
- Design and load rating analysis of new structures, replacement structures, or rehabilitated structures
- Applying engineering principles to prepare structural design calculations and technical reports
- Preparation of construction/contract documents including drawings (MicroStation), specifications, and cost estimates
- Ability to be technical lead and assist in grooming technical skills of junior engineering staff
- Ability to work independently or within a team setting
- Assist in preparation of Statements of Interest
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- PennDOT design and project management experience
- Experience with PennDOT design software, 3-D finite element software such as CSiBridge, STAAD, and/or SAP, and Microstation
- Strong knowledge of AASHTO bridge specifications and PennDOT/ PTC Design Manuals
- Microsoft (MS) Excel and Word skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in PA
- Minimum of eight (8) years of bridge design/management experience
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Mechanicsburg
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000000L
Back to top