Your Opportunity Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties We are currently looking to fill multiple positions for Structural Engineers - Industrial for our Fredericton, NB office. The Structural Engineer will be required to relocate full time to Fredericton, NB for the duration of the assignment, 12 to 18 months pending project requirements -OR- have the option to go on an assignment Rotation.
- Structural engineering design related to heavy industrial projects
- Developing scopes, capital cost estimates and proposals for future work
- Coordinating and attending on-site design reviews
- Completing Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) inspections
- Some travelling may be required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering 3 to 10 years of experience in the Power Sector
- Licensed Engineer or eligible for registration as an EIT with The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick
- Knowledge of structural design software such as STAAD and familiarity with use of 3D modeling to assist structural design
- knowledge of the Microsoft suite of office products
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal & written
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top