Structural Designer- Transportation
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
You will work alongside engineering professionals who provide strong diverse structural engineering services to the bridge, building and marine structures at Stantec. This position is primarily a design/analysis role with some field responsibilities..
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparing structural design calculations in accordance with applicable design standards and Agencies (i.e. AASHTO, IBC, ACI, AISC, NJDOT, NJTA & NYSDOT).
- Performing structural analysis of new designs and existing structures (bridges, retaining walls, sign structures, culverts, etc.). Experience with concrete design and construction is also preferred.
- Leading and reviewing conceptual design alternatives in order to develop innovative and cost effective design solutions.
- Preparing contract documents including, but not limited to, conceptual design alternatives, contract drawings, and specifications.
- Preparing technical specifications and special provisions.
- Reviewing contract shop drawings for conformance with contract design.
- Tender document preparation and contract management.
- Assistant team leader for biennial bridge inspection projects; writing bridge inspection reports.
- Preparing repair details.
- Regular collaboration with colleagues in other offices and different areas of expertise in an integrated design environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of IBC, AASHTO, ACI, ASCE, NJDOT, NJTA standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work with a design team on assignments
Education and Experience
0 to 3.5 years of relevant work experience. Degree/Diploma from recognized university/college specializing in structural engineering
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Designer
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Rochelle Park
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190000WB
Back to top