As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
Your Opportunity Our Edmonton Office has opportunities for Structural Designers in our Industrial, Oil & Gas group. This is a dynamic work environment where you will be able to challenge your abilities and technical skills. Your experience ensures that you demonstrate solid judgment and possess a positive team-oriented attitude. Responsibilities include preparing engineering design drawings and providing technical support on a variety of industrial projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide design experience, from conceptual thru detailed engineering, related to structural design associated with medium to large projects.
- Undertake and or assisting in project coordination responsibilities, including scheduling, estimating, and project progressing.
- Review and coordination of vendors and other discipline documents.
- Participate in site visits when required.
- Ensure that work conforms to applicable codes, standards and client specifications.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with engineering firms and 3D drafting.
- Good working knowledge of CAD drafting skills using AutoCAD / AutoPlant.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prefer experience with pipeline facilities, refinery, or extraction.
- Ability to multitask.
- Experience with Bentley ProSteel or ProConcrete an asset.
Education and Experience Graduate of recognized two year Structural Engineering Technology program (or equivalent)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top