We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's multi-disciplinary offices in the Puget Sound Area have opportunities for a highly motived and technically proficient Structural Designers with bridge design experience to join our growing team of professionals. Our Transportation group provides services for state and municipal clients throughout Washington State and North America. We seek team players who desire and thrive in a collaborative work environment, have excellent client and communication skills and strong analytical bridge and structures design capabilities. These positions will provide project level design leadership on high profile and transformative bridge, road, and transit design projects. Your Key Responsibilities
- Candidates with motivation to grow and move into structural task & project management a plus.
- Lead design tasks effort for bridge and structural designs.
- Provide analysis and design for new and rehabilitation of all types of highway & rail transit bridge structures.
- Seismic analysis experience required.
- Technical and code review of structural design calculations and construction drawings.
- Prepare project development reports, type selection studies, construction drawings, project special provisions and other project documents.
- Perform analysis and design of highway and transit bridges and other structures using multiple software packages such as CSi Bridge, PGSuper, ConSpan, ConSplice, CT Bridge, RC Pier, LPILE, Mathcad and VIRTIS. Other FE software that may include MIDAS or LARSA.
- Support the leadership of bridge project design teams with supervision and mentoring of design engineers, technicians and construction inspectors.
- Lead or support business development including proposal writing and client coordination.
- Assist with scope, schedule, and budget estimates.
- Interface with clients, vendors and contractors to develop work scopes, engineering man hour estimates, proposals, design criteria and conceptual/final designs.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professional Engineering License in Washington preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to deliver a wide variety of project scopes on time and budget.
- Self-motivated individual with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with most or all of design software platforms listed above used.
- Strong and effective mentoring skills used in the technical development of younger engineers.
- Ability to use MicroStation preferred.
- Participation in professional associations preferred.
- Good Driving Record and Valid Driver's license required.
Education and Experience Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
2-5 years' experience in the design of bridges and or transportation projects.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top