Structural Design Engineer in Training
- Portland, OR
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec has a need for a Structural Engineer-in-Training (EIT) in our Portland, OR office. This is a perfect opportunity for a talented, team focused EIT with 2 years or less of design experience looking to challenge themselves on a professional level and contributing to a variety of water and infrastructure projects. You will have the opportunity to learn, work on exciting and multi-faceted projects, grow your career and collaborate with some of the finest designers in North America.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working closely with Professional Structural Engineers, assist and take responsibility with structural engineering related calculations using structural design software, assisting with the drafting and development of preliminary and detailed drawings, analyses, reports, etc for projects of all sizes.
- Assisting in preparation of construction contract documents, plans and reports.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Coordinate design work with project team members, other engineering disciplines, architects, locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Familiar with AutoCAD, Revit, and / or Microstation.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Familiar with MathCAD or Matlab a plus.
- Familiar with finite elements software such as SAFE, CSiCOL, Staad, or SAP2000 a plus.
- Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering preferred.
- EIT certification required.
- Ability to effectively work from home office independently through current COVID-19 work restrictions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001N6
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top