Structural CADD Technician
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected .
Stantec Consulting, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Structural CADD Technician in our Lexington, KY office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Create, maintain and edit design drawings and construction plans for transportation/hydraulic structures as required utilizing AutoCAD and/or Microstation software package.
- Preparing high quality plans by utilizing engineering calculations, notes, sketches, etc. as prepared by engineers; using geometry and structural components for accurate descriptions of components and completed structures
- Providing clear and detailed plan preparation work, compliant with accepted design/drafting standards of the client including manuals, standard figures and plans, or other resources.
- Understands the terminology, technology, and other concepts related to structural engineering and construction practices. Applies this understanding to the process of structure layout, concrete reinforcing and structural steel detailing.
- Understands and implements site development (contours and survey).
- Facilitating and ensuring the quality of the drawings and graphic work produced for the team.
- Prepare and check quantity calculations from plans.
- Perform shop drawing reviews.
- Ensure that project needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Works closely with project managers, project engineers, designers, and other structural CAD technicians.
Your C apabilities and Credentials
- P roficient skills in AutoCAD, MS Word and Excel, and Adobe PDF are required as a minimum.
- Microstation experience not required, but preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a "team player" approach to design and problem solving.
- Ability to work within a team, sharing workloads to meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead other team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Technical Degree, AAS or BS in Computer Aided Drafting and Design.
- 5+ years experience in civil/structural engineering drafting of structural components.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top