Stream Restoration Specialist/Engineer
- Baltimore, MD
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec has an opportunity for a Stream Restoration Designer. This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual to join a team of multidisciplinary professionals in a fast paced, customer driven environment. This position will involve ecological/stream restoration design, geomorphic studies, and hydrologic and hydraulic analyses. The position offers great potential for professional growth and the opportunity to apply the latest in engineering modeling and GIS technology to water resource projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
This individual will work with a team of engineers, scientists, GIS professionals, and planners to assist with the development of studies and designs associated with ecological/stream restoration and stormwater management projects. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing construction plans, specifications and estimate of probable costs;
- Developing design reports;
- Conducting watershed evaluations and water quality monitoring in support of ecosystem restoration design.
- Performing hydrologic and hydraulic analyses to support ecological restoration projects;
- Communicating and collaborating with the project team, project managers, clients, and local communities; and
- Collecting field data (e.g. GPS data collection, geomorphic survey, etc)
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills;
- Familiarity with fluid mechanics, hydrology, and hydraulic processes; and
- Passion for water resources, stormwater management and ecological/stream restoration.
- Rosgen Training - Levels 1 through 4, or similar stream restoration implementation training
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic models, including HEC-RAS
- Proficient with ESRI software, including ArcGIS
- Experience related to ecosystem restoration design and watershed assessments
- Experience with CAD design software (AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation); and
- Ability to communicate clearly via phone, email, and in person to internal and external clients.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or a related degree
3 years environmental engineering or science experience including specialized experience with stream assessments and stream restoration design.
Masters of Science (M.S.) degree in Civil, Water Resources, or Environmental Engineering or a related degree preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Laurel
Other Locations: United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001IG
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top