Stormwater Sector Leader - ( 200001U2 )
Many of the world's top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community's interaction with water a bit differently-as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we're hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O U.
An exciting opportunity is now available within the Gulf Water Team for the position of Stormwater Practice Leader with a strong focus in the Florida market. This position is a key part of the Florida Water Leadership and oversees an important part of our growth strategy in the region by working in a team environment and collaborating with our other business leaders to develop and execute winning strategies.
Your Key Responsibilities
- In concert with Florida Water's business development leadership group, develop and execute a client-focused strategic growth plan for our Wet Weather Flow business in Florida.
- Coordinate and collaborate with our Environmental Service, Community Development, and Water Account Management teams.
- Help develop a strategic staffing plan focusing on key hires needed to grow our presence in the Florida Wet Weather Flow marketplace.
- Prioritize Wet Weather pursuits and collaborate through the Go / No-Go process with the involved Business Centers.
- Lead and manage wet weather strategic pursuits in Florida to provide a winning approach.
- Sustain and grow the net revenue of stormwater and wet weather flow projects in Florida area.
- Develop and manage the marketing and business development plan for wet weather opportunities, including implementation of Must Win strategies for growing net revenue.
- Personally, pursue and lead transformational wet weather projects within the Florida.
- Time allocation to include a blend of direct time on projects (approx. 60%) and client- and proposal-specific marketing and business development (40%).
- Responsible for the health and safety performance of staff working on wet weather flow projects, including monitoring leading and lagging indicators and following up on specific improvement plans.
- Responsible for people management including resource management processes, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching, and mentoring, and leadership development of staff within Florida that are focused on wet weather flow projects.
- Responsible for quality and innovation including compliance with the ISO-certified Integrated Management System and PM Framework.
- Assist in developing the Florida annual business plan and budget.
- Work directly with the regional business leaders, regional leaders, discipline leaders, and business center leaders to meet net revenue, gross margin, and operating income targets in the groups
- Key performance indicators include achieve budgeted net revenue associated with wet weather flow projects in Florida; able to recruit and retain practice-specific experts; win/loss ratio on specific wet weather transformational pursuits within Florida.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to seamlessly work with Stantec teams.
- Industry leader in technical leadership of complex and strategic projects.
- Technical proficiency recognized as being at the highest level of their engineering field.
- Shapes discipline delivery strategies.
- Secures and delivers transformational projects.
- Champions new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports innovation.
- Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving.
- Applies appropriate short to long term strategic logic to decisions and initiatives.
- Thinks strategically about the range of market, business, and/or economic issues likely to impact Stantec's future.
- Establishes and promotes effective business operations.
- Applies financial knowledge and methods to address business issues.
- Leader in identifying issues associated with implementation of emerging technologies and appropriate courses of action.
- Accountable to develop effective strategies for business development, market penetration, and project positioning.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful passing of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Ability to travel within the Florida region.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution.Masters or PhD degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering preferred.
- Professional Licensure in Florida or willing to obtain licensure within one year.
- Minimum 15 years of experience managing pursuits and delivery for Stormwater and Wet Weather projects or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting. Travel required to other Stantec office locations, the field and/or meetings with clients.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Coral Gables
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1773 Water-US Gulf
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 6, 2021, 11:11:22 AM
Req ID: 200001U2
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans