Stormwater Resources Engineer
Stantec has an exciting opportunity for a Stormwater Resources Engineer based in Southern California to collaborate with water resources, environmental sciences, and landscape architecture staff as part of a growing Stormwater Resources practice.
The Stormwater Resources Engineer will support senior management staff on all facets of stormwater management, including hydrology and hydraulics (H&H) related design and compliance projects, with the goals of:
• Delivering high quality products/outcomes
• Meeting financial and timeline performance requirements
• Achieving client satisfaction
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform calculations, preparation of plans and specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques for a variety of projects with a focus on flood mitigation and protection, urban drainage designs, streambed protection, urban storm water management, water quality modeling, regulatory compliance, low impact development (LID) design, and green infrastructure.
• Conduct calculation checks.
• Prepare construction contract documents or project deliverables.
• Develop engineering conclusions for data analysis.
• Work on small projects or portions of larger projects, with work being reviewed by Senior Engineer.
• Research building codes, federal, state, and local codes, laws and requirements, as well as, client requirements and ensures assignments meet these codes and other requirements.
• Determine the permitting requirements for the particular type of work being designed for the location in which it is to be constructed.
• Assist in determining schedule and budget requirements.
• Under direction of a Professional Engineer, manage small tasks or portions of larger project.
• Interact directly with client to gather information and discuss project requirements.
• Participate in limited marketing efforts and business development.
• Under the direction of a Professional Engineer, independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
• Assist on unusual problems and work reviewed for application of sound professional judgment.
• Assign tasks to and coordinates work with entry-level engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
• Train engineering software to junior staff.
• Bachelor degree in civil or related engineering discipline.
• Fundamentals in Engineering (FE) registration may be required.
• Min 4 years of relevant experience.
• Master's degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for 1 year of experience.
• One or more professional certification(s) related to stormwater compliance (CPESC, CPSWQ, CESSWI, CMS4S, QSP/D, QISP, ToR, etc.)
• Strong working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental legislation and regulations
• Excellent organizational, technical writing, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and take on larger, more complex tasks than previous level.
• Capable of using design software, models, etc. to solve complex issues with direction from senior staff.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ownership and accountability for quality deliverables.
• Existing local client relationships.
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email [email protected]
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top