Sr. Structural Designer
MWH is a leader in global infrastructure and water resource development providing engineering design and remediation, construction, procurement, program management, and technology solutions for the environmental, land, water, wastewater, energy, and power markets of the Americas, Europe, Middle East, India, Asia and the Pacific Rim. Our North American Operation is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Designer position with expertise in Revit Structural and Bentley Structural applications to be based in the MWH Walnut Creek, CA or Sacramento, CA office.
The position requires experience with 3D/BIM design applications with an emphasis on Autodesk Revit Structural and Bentley Structural applications. Experience with Revit Architectural, Revit MEP, Navisworks, and Bentley Building considered a plus. The candidate should be experienced with structural and architectural modeling and framing systems associated with any or all of the following categories:
• Water and Wastewater Treatment and Conveyance
• Locks, Dams, Powerhouses and other Hydroelectric-related Structures
• Transportation facilities, airports, subways
• Petro/chemical process facilities
The primary responsibilities for this role will included the production of models and construction drawings involving multiple disciplines with local and remote CAD/BIM teams. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring drawing quality control with respect to MWH and Client Standards and the extraction of the model information (BIM). The candidate will have to collaborate with other technical professionals on project teams. The candidate shall possess strong computer CAD skills with the Autodesk and Bentley products noted above, with emphasis on Revit Structural and Bentley Structural. The candidate shall possess strong writing and communication skills in the English language and shall work well in a team environment.
• Associate's Degree in computer drafting and design.
• 4 to 8 years' experience in the development of 3D BIM models and 2D construction drawings for structural engineering projects. Experience in water, wastewater, and industrial waste treatment facilities, dams, or hydroelectric related projects preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering BIM models and Construction Drawings.
• Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
• Experience producing 3D models and 2D structural engineering drawings using Revit Structural and AutoCAD is required. Additional experience with Bentley Structural and Microstation preferred.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top