Sr. Project Manager, Environmental Services
Your Opportunity: 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Environmental Services Practice is looking for an experienced professional to serve as our "Senior Project Manager" to help direct, manage and implement our growing practice. This position will be based out of our Elko, NV office.
- As a "seller/doer," Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand Stantec's profile and market share in the regional market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Direct and develop complex projects with multi-person project teams. Oversee multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Provide leadership in mentoring personnel for overall success of practice team.
- Develop a working understanding of Stantec's other consulting practice areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
- Executing environmental permitting strategy, developing regulatory strategy, and directing environmental field surveys and construction compliance for a variety of energy-related projects.
- Directing subcontracted services and managing project budgets, schedules and teams.
- Managing information development, wetland delineations, threatened and endangered species habitat characterizations, land use mapping and vegetation cover classification, GPS data collection, consultations, permitting, and report preparation for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) and other state and local agencies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- BS and/or MS in engineering, geology, science, or related discipline; professional registration preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant site investigation/remediation experience, including environmental experience.
- Proven experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships, including established contacts in the Nevada area.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and "people" skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the local regulatory climate, with proven negotiation skills with state and local regulators.
- Recognized technical expertise by the marketplace.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Prior to employment this position will require the successful completion of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top