Sr. Principal, Business Development
The role is largely a client service function; ensuring proper workload distribution and resource management are met in alignment with project delivery's mission and Stantec's core values and policies at least 50% of the time. The Sr. Principal, Business Development is responsible to hire staff in the region, to manage and mentor local staff within the team and to meet the needs of the Regional Leadership Team. This position is accountable for complete delivery in his/her specific region, and acts as an internal/external client service manager for the regional business units. This position supports business development efforts across all divisions of Stantec, assists with scope definition, and provides associated competitive design project pricing as requested by the Regional Business Leader.
Under the direction of the Regional Business Leader, this position's key responsibilities include:
• Successful interaction with the local market. Responsibility for relationships and project and service delivery with all area clients
• Oversight and nurturing of all area employees. Perform semi-annual and annual employee performance reviews and make sure all staff in the area receive appropriate mentoring to achieve their goals and career growth/development
• Ensure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices
• Plan and implement the area branding and business development efforts
• Regular and routine participation in clients' projects including quality review, meetings with client's executive and department staff, and help in identifying new solutions for the client
• Review KPI's including backlog growth, talent development and client satisfaction
• 12 years of detailed experience in the environmental (water/wastewater) industry
• Strong skills in client, employee, and business management for large municipal projects;
• Instate travel required
• Management experience coupled with exceptional organizational, technical, communication, leadership and detail skills also required
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or similar Engineering discipline is required
• Responsible for business development; achieving $5-8 MM annually
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top