Sr. Mechanical Specialist
- Colorado Springs, CO
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
You will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary design team.
- Work independently in the field to determine as-built conditions, design new project work or retrofits in power plants and industrial applications.
- Oversee the development of isometrics.
- Oversee the development equipment models and piping models for use in the overall project model.
- Oversee the development general arrangement drawings and P&ID's.
- Spending up to 10% of your time in power plants or industrial facilities working in the field.
- Work closely with the Mechanical Engineer and engineering group in recommending the best use of project tools in order to achieve project objectives, troubleshoot and resolve issues with the project tools.
- Work as a contributing team member within a multi-discipline team.
- Understand and execute and/or direct work within Stantec's quality control guidelines.
- Comply with Stantec's EH&S program, with a focus on safety in the field.
- Mentoring and professional development of other personnel.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects.
- Working knowledge of mechanical codes and standards.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to conduct field surveys and measurements.
- Possess a working knowledge of standard Industrial construction practices and the piping design principles.
- Experience with power plant systems including high temperature/high pressure steam and water systems.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2008 or higher required.
- Knowledge of piping specification data base and the ability to manipulate and maintain.
- Ability to oversee the development of isometrics.
- Ability to oversee the development of equipment models and piping models for use in the overall project model.
- Ability to develop general arrangement drawings.
- Ability to work closely with other designers to coordinate cable tray, steel, pipe, pipe support, and equipment locations.
- Ability to lead a project team of piping designers, provide direction as to scope and contain of project deliverables and plan and schedule the project team's deliverables.
- Good driving record and valid driver's license required.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5-10 years of experience. Technical/Technologist Designation considered an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Designer
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
Other Locations: United States-Colorado-Denver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001OC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top