Sr. Mechanical Engineer
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your role as a senior contributor on our professional consulting services team is to work independently on large projects of high complexity, and as a leader of a team or project through all phases of a project lifecycle. You are responsible for
developing and implementing an engineering discipline group equipped with up-to-date engineering and design tools and innovations, technical and supervisory capabilities and operating procedures to successfully and efficiently execute
projects and consulting services resulting in client satisfaction and on-time delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparation of specific project proposals and resulting contracts, project implementation plans, resource planning, quality control and design review, project team review and coordination, client and financial management.
- May assist as Mechanical Engineering Lead overseeing the engineering & design of plumbing / fire protection / HVAC and other mechanical systems for new and renovated buildings.
- Mechanical engineering - Actual designs including the completion of code reviews, preparation of the basis of design, system calculations, mark-up of drawings, specification preparation, field investigations, construction estimating and site inspections and other such design as required to execute the mechanical construction for new or renovated buildings.
- May perform Project Manager duties as needed.
- Some travel to site locations or other Stantec offices may be required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Registered PE in the state of New York desired, registration in other states a plus
- Must have strong Mechanical Engineering skills in the area of Plumbing, Fire Protection, HVAC and related mechanical systems
- Prior management experience is a plus
- Prior consulting engineering experience is required
- Experience using AutoCAD, Revit, Trane Trace or eQuest is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members and clients
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 8-12 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-New York-Albany
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002DX
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top