Sr. Laboratory Planner, Science &Technology
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Stantec's Science Technology group seeks a Senior Laboratory Planner to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have experience in all phases of planning and design of academic and corporate science facilities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Be an essential part of a project team working on all phases of a design project from Programming and Schematic Design through Construction Administration in the Academic and Corporate Science & Technology sector.
- Lead laboratory programming assignments.
- Participate in all aspects of a Science & Technology design project from design, management, and delivery.
- Develop Lab Planning content yearly for internal and external presentations, articles and blog posts.
- Contribute to firm-wide initiatives to help advance our Science & Technology project design, operations, and business development.
- Lead small to large scale project teams or provide support on large scale projects as Lab Planner responsible for technical execution and discipline coordination on Lab areas of the project.
- Work with teams across multiple Stantec offices.
- Travel will be required with this position, travel anticipated to be between 50-75%.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others in an energetic and challenging work environment.
- Pro-active attitude, attention to detail, punctual, and organized; team player.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
Education and Experience
Associate's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Planning or related field required with a minimum of ten (10) years related Lab Planning experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Butler
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190000YN
Back to top