Sr. Environmental Planner/Project Manager
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Environmental Services Practice is looking for an experienced professional to serve as a Sr. Environmental Planner/Project Manager to help direct, manage and implement our growing renewable energy and offshore wind energy practice. The location of the position is flexible, but can be based out of our Mid-Atlantic, New York or New England offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop and participate in the development of new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand Stantec's profile and market share in the offshore wind regional market, primarily through excellence in technical delivery in addition to supporting business development activities conducted by the Offshore Wind Program Manager and Renewable Energy Sector Leader.
- Direct and prepare scoping approaches, initial studies, Environmental Impact Reports, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and supporting technical studies. Oversee multiple projects simultaneously within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Oversee and manage complex teams consisting of in-house professional scientists and engineers and strategic teaming partners and subconsultants.
- Provide leadership in managing project related staff performance, and mentoring personnel for overall success of practice team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience managing major projects with complex project teams is preferred. Experience with marine ecology, NEPA/Federal and state permitting, offshore wind, power generation and transmission, infrastructure, and/or renewable energy is desired.
- Demonstrated agency relationships and strong working knowledge with NEPA compliance and demonstrated discretionary permitting familiarity with the following:
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM), Guidelines for Site Assessment Plans and Construction and Operation Plans.
- Clean Water Act permitting Sections 10/404 (Corps) and 401 Water Quality Certifications,
- USFWS Section 7 Consultation and/or NOAA MMPA Consultation or EFH Consultation.
- State and local permitting
- Proven major project experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business, including established contacts in the New England or Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients business needs.
- Must demonstrate effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 10 years of environmental planning and permitting experience successfully coordinating and managing NEPA document preparation and environmental permitting.
A Bachelor's degree in planning, natural resources, environmental science, biological science, ecology, or related field with a Master's degree preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-New York-Rochester
Other Locations: United States-New York-Albany, United States-New York-New York, United States-Massachusetts-Quincy, United States-Massachusetts-Northampton, United States-Maine-Scarborough, United States-Rhode Island-Providence, United States-Connecticut-Hartford, United States-New Hampshire-Auburn, United States-Maine-Topsham
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002XH
Back to top