Sr. Environmental Planner & Permitting Specialist
Your Opportunity: 3,000 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
- As a "seller/doer," Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand Stantec's profile and market share in the regional market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Performs various project supports tasks where planning and environmental review (NEPA/SEPA, ESA, Section 106, local/state/federal permitting, 4(f), 6(f), etc,) involvement is required or requested on major, complex projects.
- Directs environmental technical aspects of multiple and large-scale planning projects and teams.
- Direct and coordinate and review environmental technical work performed by other project team members.
- Performs quality checks to ensure client requirements are met.
- Coordinates with local/state/federal agencies, tribes and the public as requested by clients.
- Responsible for significant portions of presentations and public facilitation.
- Prepares scopes of work, fee proposals and respond to RFP's.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with existing and potential new clients.
- Oversee the work of less experienced staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 10 years of environmental planning and permitting experience successfully coordinating and managing document preparation and environmental permitting.
- Experience with a variety of land uses is preferred. Experience with urban land development, oil and gas, power generation, infrastructure (transportation, water, wastewater), and/or renewable energy is desired.
- A Bachelor's degree in planning, natural resources, environmental science, biological science, ecology, or related field with a Master's degree preferred.
- Proven business development experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business, including established contacts in the Pacific Northwest
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of Stantec.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec the candidate must successfully pass a physical and drug/alcohol screening.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top