Sr. Environmental Planner & Permitting Specialist
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science. Your Opportunity Stantec's Bellevue, WA office is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Planner & Permitting Specialist to join our Environmental Services Group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- As a "seller/doer," Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand Stantec's profile and market share in the regional market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Performs various project supports tasks where planning and environmental review (NEPA/SEPA, ESA, Section 106, local/state/federal permitting, 4(f), 6(f), etc,) involvement is required or requested on major, complex projects.
- Directs environmental technical aspects of multiple and large-scale planning projects and teams.
- Direct and coordinate and review environmental technical work performed by other project team members.
- Performs quality checks to ensure client requirements are met.
- Coordinates with local/state/federal agencies, tribes and the public as requested by clients.
- Responsible for significant portions of presentations and public facilitation.
- Prepares scopes of work, fee proposals and respond to RFP's.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with existing and potential new clients.
- Oversee the work of less experienced staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with a variety of land uses is preferred.
- Experience with urban land development, oil and gas, power generation, infrastructure (transportation, water, wastewater), and/or renewable energy is desired.
- Proven business development experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business, including established contacts in the Pacific Northwest.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of Stantec.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec the candidate must successfully pass a physical and/or drug & alcohol screening.
10 years of environmental planning and permitting experience successfully coordinating and managing document preparation and environmental permitting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top