Sr. Civil Engineer
The MWH organization, now part of Stantec, is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in engineering, technology, environmental, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage, wastewater collection, treatment, and reuse to water resources management and coastal restoration, and design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
MWH (now part of Stantec) is actively seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Senior Civil Engineer to join our growing practice in the in the Denver, CO office. The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks in a consulting engineering role that will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects. These projects consist of water/wastewater pipelines, site work for municipal water and sewer facilities, infrastructure systems including treatment plants, pump stations, pipelines and related infrastructure. This exciting opportunity provides amazing career growth opportunities.
The selected candidate will need to be self-directed, capable of independent tasks as well as supporting complex teams, and should demonstrate a passion for involvement in the wet infrastructure industry with an enthusiasm to help develop the practice locally while collaborating with national practice groups.
The following skills will be considered for this position:
• Perform technical tasks on projects under the supervision of the project manager or project engineer.
• Prepare detailed reports, evaluations, memoranda, design drawings, technical specifications and cost information, and review and respond to construction submittals, shop drawings and RFIs;
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project interdisciplinary design problems, performing basic design calculations as required. The successful candidate would be able to apply critical thinking to solve water and wastewater challenges and work with a large technical team to develop the best, innovative solution.
• Demonstrate discipline in project administration including spoken and written communication, writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs and completing progress reports.
• Autodesk Civil 3D software skills
• Supervise related work being performed by designers and administrative staff
• Interact professionally with client, project team members, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
• Consistently maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references.
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Engagement in local and national technical societies is preferred.
The person who fills this role must have completed at least a BS degree (or equivalent) in the civil or environmental engineering field. She/he must also have a Professional Engineer registration or the ability to acquire registration within 1 year of their hire date. A minimum of 8 years of experience including municipal water, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure projects is required.
She/he must also have good verbal and written communication skills, be team oriented and highly self-motivated, possess good problem solving skills, and be willing to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top