Sr. Civil Engineer
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec is seeking a highly energetic candidate to lead heavy civil infrastructure design projects for water/wastewater and water resources sectors.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters. Mentors and leads younger engineering staff.
- Prepares project staff resourcing hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans, reports, and specifications and submits them for approval.
- Oversees personnel involved in engineering design, planning, and investigation work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Plans, schedules and conducts or coordinates construction services on projects of moderate scope.
- Attends client meetings and presents on project progress, findings, and other coordination activities.
- Assists in business development efforts by presenting at industry conferences, assisting with proposal development, and attends project pursuit interviews.
- May occasionally assist in the management of projects.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Civil Engineering as a minimum.
- Master of Science (M.S.) Civil Engineering preferred.
- Typical candidate has 10 or more years of experience.
- Nevada P.E. license is required or must be obtained within 6 months after hiring. Additional registrations in multiple states may be required to support southwest region operations.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top