Sr. Associate, Audiovisual Consulting
Your Opportunity We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Your Duties The US West Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Audiovisual Discipline Leader contributes to the overall strategic and tactical leadership of the Stantec Buildings group ICT specialty, and specifically the AV and Acoustics discipline. This position will grow the AV practice, lead strategic projects, be client facing, contribute to project delivery standards and work processes, provide quality control, workload forecasting and financial performance accountability. The AV leader is visionary with the ability to see, build, and sustain the long-term future of the Stantec ICT/AV business, its people, and contributes to differentiating Stantec from other competing firms and positions Stantec and its staff as innovators in the industry.
People and Practice Management
- In collaboration with other ICT leaders and Business Center (BC) leadership, develop annual budgets for sales, topline revenue, training, utilization and project performance for the West Coast ICT group.
- In conjunction with others stakeholders, identify and forecast staff needs and assignments based on current and projected workload and SME requirements.
- Hold project team members accountable for deliverables and best practices.
- Directly manage up to 15 ICT/AV staff in a performance management environment, and be responsible for hiring as required.
- Responsible for the financial performance, quality control processes, and project delivery for ICT/AV projects.
- Ensure PM compliance with best practices, including Stantec PM Frameworks
- Work with PM's and SMS's on key projects to develop and deliver client drawings, specifications, presentations, reports, and other deliverables.
- Provide senior project client facing leadership on key projects and for key accounts
- Periodically act as a QC reviewer on ICT/AV projects
- Maintain awareness of operational, technical or regulatory changes within the ICT/AV and AEC industries overall, disseminate such knowledge to staff and firm, and integrate into existing processes and standards.
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of ICT/AV specifications, technical documentation and standards.
- Oversee ICT/AV design delivery process and best practices and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Provide oversight for your ICT/AV staff's education and certification process & balance firm, BC and staff needs.
- Contribute to the development of strategic and tactical business development and marketing plans for the ICT/AV group and align with firm-wide ICT goals and strategies.
- Work with ICT and Acoustic Practice leadership to develop integrated services and coordination strategies
- Develop new and maintain existing client relationships.
- Develop presentation materials and present to clients (external & internal) and at strategic industry events.
- Represent the firm through published articles, public speaking engagements and attendance at industry and community events, meetings, and conferences.
- Develop project proposals.
- Assist the marketing department with the development of ICT/AV marketing materials and content.
- Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends impacting Stantec's core service offerings and markets and continually strengthens skills.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelors' degree in related field plus 15+ years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
- Experience delivering ICT/AV consulting to Architects and Owners in diverse markets including healthcare, commercial, data center, higher education, life sciences, civic and government.
- CTS, RCDD, CCNA, PE, , PMP, etc, certifications are all plusses in a potential candidate.
- Training and professional experience in project management.
- Client consulting experience.
- Extensive, owner-direct consulting experience
- Proven track record of hiring, developing, managing, and retaining top talent.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top