Sr. Air Quality & Climate Change Consultant
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec seeks a motivated Sr. Air Quality & Climate Change consultant, with significant consulting experience and client relationships, to grow our air quality services business in the United States East. The ideal candidate will have established relationships with power sector, oil & gas, and chemical/pharmaceutical companies to expand our corporate and facility-level compliance services in the Air Quality sector.
As a senior leader, you will be fully accountable for successfully selling and consulting on air quality and climate change projects to build a sustainable business locally, while networking within our Environmental Services practice teams to share best practices across the industry. This is a position for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career to the next level with an environmental leader.
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver financial results to expand Stantec's air quality practice and client base, particularly in the power sector, oil & gas, and chemical/pharmaceutical sectors. Serve as a key member of the "core" practice team to drive profitable growth of Stantec's air quality services business across North America.
- Serve as a Technical Director for strategic air permits and compliance programs for a variety of industrial clients with complex technical/regulatory issues. Work closely with clients and develop strong relationships to understand specific processes and develop a permitting and compliance strategy to help clients maintain maximum operating flexibility. Achieve client's expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Contribute to growing new air consulting services annually. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand Stantec's profile and market share in the regional Air Quality/Performance & Assurance market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Mentor junior and mid-level staff in the proper planning and execution of air quality projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
- Support the general growth and development of Stantec's air quality and climate change services. Collaborate with other Stantec practitioners to execute air quality projects, including participating on teams comprised of Air Quality and Performance & Assurance professionals from multiple offices around the global organization.
- Develop a working understanding of Stantec's other consulting practice areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience and confidence to lead and grow business in a dynamic market environment.
- BS in engineering (chemical, mechanical, environmental) or related discipline; MS and PE preferred.
- 10+ years of solid air quality consulting experience, with a high degree of technical competence in Title V, PSD, NSR, BACT, and MACT.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful business growth strategies.
- Well established reputation and recognized technical expertise by the marketplace.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to build, coach, and mentor collaborative teams.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, negotiation, presentation, and "people" skills.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of Stantec.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec the candidate must successfully pass a physical and drug/alcohol screening.
Stantec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top