Your Opportunity Our Architecture & Interior Design group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible and award-winning buildings and interiors. We're passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent, and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, project managers, specifiers, interior designers, planners and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, and planning for a wide variety of sectors.
Stantec's Pittsburgh, PA office has an opportunity for a Specification Writer in the Architecture and Interior Design group.
Your Duties Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and interpret architectural drawings for required materials and systems and assist the project team in researching, recommending and specifying materials and systems specific to each project.
- Prepare materials lists and specifications to be utilized in construction activities
- Write technical descriptions specifying material properties
- Write Outline Specifications and material narratives for early phase design submissions
- Write Technical Bulletins for staff education
- Participate as an integral member of the design team in setting direction and enabling material decisions
- Ensure document consistency and accuracy
- Coordinate and orchestrate progress and bid set specifications ensuring that documents are ready for printing, sealing, signing and distribution.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Post Secondary Education with emphasis given to degrees in Architecture and related fields
- Registered Specification Writer designation an asset
- Possess good communication skills
- Candidate should be familiar with:
- MasterFormat, most current edition
- International Building Code
- National material standards, UL Standards, ADA Accessibility Guidelines
- Leadership In Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Candidate shall be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top