Specification Writer - Structural - Buildings
Your Opportunity We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance and sustainability.
Our professionals deliver innovative, integrated and practical solutions to complex problems in many sectors including healthcare, industrial facilities, education and more.
Our Edmonton office has an immediate opportunity for a Specification Writer within our Buildings Engineering group.
Your Duties This is a dynamic practice with a diverse client base including commercial, retail, industrial, institutional, educational, recreational, and interiors and planning. We are seeking a positive team player to support our senior leadership. Grow your career with us!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write/edit technical structural specifications
- Write/edit outline specifications
- Write/edit up-front specifications
- Coordinate structural specifications with other disciplines
- Work with other offices to help develop standard structural specifications and promote consistency through Stantec engineering offices
- Interpret architectural and engineering plans
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Post-Secondary Education such as a Diploma in building engineering technology or related field or a related degree
- Must have at least 5 years of technical/specification writing experience in a building construction setting , including but not limited to architecture/engineering consulting firms, construction management firms; healthcare projects experience a definite asset
- Registered Specification Writer, CSC or CSI is preferred
- Member of Construction Specification Canada is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working with others in a team setting, communicating directly with the Owner and Contractor contacts and working on multiple projects at the same time
- Candidate should be familiar with the following
- Familiar with Master Format recent edition
- Alberta Building Code, ideally
- National Building Code
- Familiar with current Building, Material Standards
- Canadian Master Specifications
- Construction Specification Institute
- International Building Code - US
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top