Sourcing and Research Consultant, Talent Acquisition
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Corporate Development; Financial Services; Human Resources; Health, Safety, Security &, Environment; Information Technology Services; Marketing, Communications & Public Relations; Operations Support; Practice Services; Procurement & Real Estate; Programs & Business Solutions; and Risk Management.
Your Opportunity Reporting to the Manager, Sourcing & Research, the incumbent will be responsible for identifying, engaging and pipelining top talent for Stantec's various Business Operating Units (BOUs) across North America.
As a part of this newly built team, you will actively partner with your Talent Acquisition Consultant counterparts and business leaders to plan and execute sourcing and researching assignments to find passive talent for hard to fill positions and those associated with future business needs.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Proactively collaborate with TA consultants and business leaders alike to design and implement sourcing & research strategies thus supporting identification, pool creation and pipelining of potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
- Attending alignment meetings, client briefings/conference calls as required. And utilizing your influencing skills to foster and maintain effective working relationships with peers, internal clients and potential candidates to support the accomplishment of talent acquisition goals.
- Researching and developing best practices and engagement strategies to attract and acquire high quality talent and build talent pipelines in alignment with the organizations projected growth and Talent Market trends.
- Formulating innovative and creative sourcing & research methodologies to identify candidate names, competitor organizations, building detailed candidate maps and talent pools globally.
- Developing competitive intelligence (hiring practices, salary information, layoffs, etc.) and leveraging that information to develop a pool of talent.
- Optimizing all ATS and talent acquisition tools, systems, and resources.
- Supporting Recruitment Marketing initiatives such as event/social media/campus strategy etc. from time to time.
- Participating in special projects as required.
- 5-7 years of recruitment experience in corporate or agency environment or both. At least 3 years of deep/proven experience directly related with various research methodologies in a strategic sourcing or research role.
- Strong intellectual capacity - a continuous learner, highly analytical, with good conceptual thinking skills and can translate all that think beyond traditional recruitment methods.
- Able to perform independently or in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate tough and complicated matters in a candid, transparent manner.
- Self-motivated and well-organized individual, with attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Capacity of building credibility with the skill to persuade and influence stakeholders, business leaders, and potential candidates.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to organize multiple data points into concise targeted information summaries.
- Experience using information sources that include social media, business and industry specific journals, social media and online platforms.
- Expert phone and internet research capability and ability to build and develop strong relationships and industry network.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, strong collaboration and team orientation - will be a valuable addition to a collegial, collaborative environment.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Architecture/ Engineering related recruitment experience considered an asset.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Library science, Business or related field is ideal but not required.
- Designations such as RPR, CIR/AIRS, LinkedIn Certified Professional Recruiter are an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Travel may be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top