Solid Waste Management Engineer (Junior to Intermediate)
Your Opportunity Our solid waste group in the Water sector provides a wide range of professional consulting services to municipal, industrial and commercial clients in ensuring efficient management of their solid waste. We are currently assisting our clients on a variety of solid waste projects broadly encompassed within the Integrated Solid Waste Management framework ranging from waste characterization, waste management planning and permitting to design, engineering and decommissioning of waste management facilities (landfills, transfer stations) and resource recovery endeavors (organic waste management, material recovery facility including compost and waste to energy operations).
We are currently looking for a Solid Waste Management Engineer to join our Water group in Edmonton who will get to work on a broad range of solid waste projects located nationally and internationally. This is a work environment where your abilities will strengthen and grow through a diverse range of projects focused on solid waste management .
Your Duties As the successful candidate, reporting to the Team Lead you will:
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to undertake solid waste management infrastructure projects related to their planning, design and engineering.
- Assist/prepare technical reports, concept designs, construction specifications, tender documents, and applications for approvals.
- Liaise with clients and sub-consultants and ensure that the project's/client's needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Participate in site reviews and/or construction inspections (travel may be required to undertake field work).
Your Capabilities and Credentials You must demonstrate a sound understanding of Integrated Solid Waste Management including design and operations of waste management facilities. Additionally, your qualifications must include:
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an engineering consulting environment working exclusively on solid waste related projects.
- Currently registered with APEGA as a P.Eng. or an Engineer in Training, or eligible for registration with APEGA.
- Strong verbal, written communication and time management skills.
- Good understanding of regulations, policies, approvals and guidelines surrounding solid waste management and the 'cradle to grave' concept for solid waste management.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and MS Project. Familiarity with AutoCAD, HELP, POLLUTE and CTRAN (GeoStudio) will be an asset.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with permanent residency.
- Valid Class 5 driver's license.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top