Software Development Technical Lead
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We have an immediate need for a Software Development Technical Lead on the IT team within Stantec.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead a team of software developers focused on technical issues, including software development, product releases and engineering task management.
- Mentor junior staff on modern architectural best practice approaches.
- Perform code reviews that adhere to corporate standards.
- Write well-designed, testable code.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solution.
- Work with the project lead to identify key development milestones and tasks.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Lead the technical delivery of continuous integration and delivery in the team.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Interact with business stakeholders, end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to functional and technical team members and management.
- Experience leading a software development team of 4-5 people.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, problem solving/debugging skills
- Must have experience in C# .NET Framework 3.5 or higher
- Development experience with MS SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Ability to work independently
- Some experience in Agile methodologies and practices
- Python experience is a nice to have.
- Angular 2 experience highly desirable
- .NET Core experience highly desirable.
- Experience with Docker is highly valued.
- Automated end-to-end test experience with Katalon studio, Protractor or Selenium.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computing Science or equivalent
2-3 years of work experience in a technical lead role.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Applications Development
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Markham
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003KY
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top