- Waterloo, Canada
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support.
Stantec's Information Services functions as part of Environmental Services and provides data management and reporting capabilities. Our Waterloo, ON team is looking for a Full Stack Software Developer.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Building advanced queries and stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Development and maintenance of desktop applications primarily in Microsoft .NET.
- Development and support of custom web solutions.
- Creating and maintaining documentation and source control.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating cross platform responsive web sites
- Experience with jQuery, OpenLayers, MapServer, EQuIS, and RESTful Services
- Experience with MVC, Entity Framework, and Subversion
- Experience working with virtualized development and production environments
- Experience with SharePoint platforms, including custom controls and workflows
- Experience with installing and maintaining custom software
- Advanced Microsoft Office use including form building and VBA
- The following would be considered assets:
- Mobile application development experience
- Environmental, chemistry or GIS related education and/or experience
- System maintenance and server management for IIS environments
Education and Experience
A relevant university degree or technical diploma
A minimum of 5 years' experience developing applications using Microsoft .NET C# or VB.Net
At least 5 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher
Experience with EarthSoft's EQuIS an asset
- Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check and be eligible for Public Works and Government Services Canada security clearance.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Applications Development
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900035V
Back to top