At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks in a consulting and construction management role that will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership for construction projects. These projects consist of water pipelines, sitework for municipal water and sewer facilities, sewer lines, infrastructure systems including treatment plants, pump stations, and related infrastructure. Your Key Responsibilities
- Observes and reviews projects during construction to monitor conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations.
- Based on the plan specifications for a project, assists in coordinating the planning and implementation of the project to execute those designs.
- Monitors the progress of construction activities ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Communicates with and makes recommendations to Project Manager, design professionals, client, owner, developer, or contractor, but does not direct the means or methods of construction.
- Provides the Project Manager with updates on project progress or delays to client, design professionals, and/or contractor.
- Reviews and evaluates plans and specifications to ensure designs are practical for construction.
- Reviews change orders and field orders for reasonableness of pricing and constructability.
- Manages deadlines, prioritizes assignments, and prepares final documentation for closeout process.
- Assists in obtaining necessary permits and licenses for timely opening of site.
- Reviews requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including, but not limited to, correspondence, reports, and pictures.
- Trains and/or mentors less experienced staff in company procedures, standards and software.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of local, state and federal building codes, construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the project team, obtaining and sharing necessary information.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
Position will work in both a field and office setting. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Must be available to travel for out of town projects when needed.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top