At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Your role will be to provide fully qualified coordination of operational and project related activities in a fast-paced professional, design and delivery environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinates daily onsite activities liaising with client operators, design professionals (engineering office), and relevant external parties.
- Supports scheduling and coordination of reviews and meetings between site personnel and Engineering office personnel.
- Maintains records of daily activities and reports to the Project Manager. Meets, reviews and reports to the project team on site/operations status, issues and concerns.
- Communicates with and makes recommendations to Project Manager, design professionals, and operations
- Reviews plans, specifications. requests for information, submittals, etc. as required
- Participates in the implementation of safety controls and promotes a safe workplace.
- Trains and/or mentors less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough knowledge of operations and construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with operators, contractors, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the project team, obtaining and sharing necessary information.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and operations experience.
Position will be based out of the Vale Thompson mine site
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Inspection
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000NI
Back to top