At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients' communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec Qatar is currently looking for a Contracts Manager to join our dynamic team and support on a flood prevention scheme project. The scope of the project includes design review, project management, and site supervision of urgent flooding mitigation works at two residential communities in Doha spanning 600 and 650 ha.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
• Manage the commercial and project contract function.
• Administration of the main contract in line with project requirements, compliance with contract notification, certification and response timeframes, tracking changes and monitoring each change through a change order process.
• Analyzing the basis and extent of change.
• Tracking claims and monitoring progress through the claims resolution process.
• Analyzing claims and identifying merit/validity, if any.
• Managing disputes, managing commercial interface/reporting with client and other parties.
• Analysis & valuations of work done.
• Development of compliance & payment certification protocols.
• Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
• Liaison with the project management team to resolve all contract issues and facilitate negotiation of client contract terms and conditions.
• Act as liaison between operations to provide Client contract management and guidance on resolution of contract issues.
Site Contract Manager (6-9 months duration)
If you have the following qualifications, we would love for you to be a part our diverse team:
• Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering / Law / Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering from a recognized University
• A Post-Graduate Degree in Construction Management/ Contract Law would be a distinct advantage.
• Chartership status from an internationally accredited institution is required.
• Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience, of which at least 7 years' experience as a Contract Manager and Claims Specialist in similar nature and size of
• Liaise with various Ashghal internal department (Legal, ESD etc), engineers, within the projects organization and contractors and consultants.
• Lead external and internal, coordination pertinent to claims, dispute resolution.
• Review, comment and recommend acceptance to the Engineer on contractors and consultant submissions.
• Has to demonstrate skills to implement methods for dispute avoidance and resolution study.
• Performance of other duties related to claims (cost / time) , QS and Quantity Surveying as instructed by the Engineer.
• Lead Progress follow up and set up Presentation methodology and GIS update and
** This position is for a period of 6 to 9 months only.
Candidates must already be in Qatar to qualify.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us!