Server Administrator, Azure Specialist
- Edmonton, Canada
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 350 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for a Server Administrator specializing in Azure to join our Corporate team in Edmonton, Alberta to support our Azure hybrid cloud operations. This individual will translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions while providing guidance to the server team to install, administer, support and optimize the cloud infrastructure solution and related components. The Azure specialist ensures the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the hybrid cloud environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
As part of the Information Technology team, the Server Administrator, Azure Specialist:
- Assess, architect, design, implement and troubleshoot complex enterprise solutions around Microsoft public, private, and hybrid cloud, within governance and security frameworks
- Serve as an expert in Azure Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and is knowledgeable on Azure Platform as a service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), Azure AD, and other Azure service offerings
- Provide support, migrations, optimizations and deployments for a wide range of Microsoft Azure, Azure Virtual Machines (VM), management, and maintenance
- Troubleshoot moderate to complex issues across the breadth of the Azure solution
- Stay current on Azure and M365 features, capabilities and services across multiple geographies
- Provide guidance and mentoring to server team on supported Azure technologies
- Works with the team to implement, manage and support Azure related virtual infrastructure.
- Works with the team to ensure stable operation, availability, reliability and service ability of Stantec server infrastructure.
- Analyzes and resolves end user application and connectivity issues in a timely manner.
- Manages, administrates and supports Windows servers and their associated software and hardware
- Participates in capacity planning and performance monitoring and tuning.
- Implements and supports availability, reliability, performance, monitoring, backup, security and disaster recovery plans
- Provides after hours escalation support - (including critical Azure VM maintenance and emergency response work)
- Assesses need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and executes them if required.
- Supports corporate policies, procedures and best practices pertinent to supporting Windows servers.
- Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access rights, as needed.
- Able to work after office hours if required.
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- In depth experience working with Azure.
- Certificate in Azure IaaS would be considered an asset
- Experience with Azure Governance, Stack, Blueprint and Policy.
- Experience with Cloud Identity Services such as SAML, B2B and B2C
- Experience with server virtualization using VMware and Hyper-V
- Experience on enterprise servers specifically with HPE and/or Dell architecture.
- Experience on HCI infrastructure and/or Azure Stack, would be an asset
- Experience on server hardware management such as HPE OneView and/or Dell OpenManage
- Experience with Windows 2012 R2 to 2019, knowledge of RDS or clustering on a SAN environment would be considered an asset
- A good understanding of Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience with large scale desktop virtualization using Citrix Cloud/Windows Virtual Desktop
- Additional knowledge of system center product suite and Log Analytics is considered an asset
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Strong documentation and collaboration skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed and keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Education and Experience
- IT related certificate or diploma
- Minimum of 10 years server experience in an enterprise environment.
- Minimum of 3 years working with Azure.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Server and Storage Administration
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001G3
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top