- Edmonton, Canada
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We require a Server Administrator with hardware and virtualization experience to join our Windows Server team in Edmonton. This individual will work closely with the Corporate server team to install, administer, support and optimize Windows Server infrastructure, Windows Server operating systems and related components. The Windows Server Administrator ensures the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
As part of the Information Technology team, the Server Administrator:
- Works with the team to implement, manage and support virtual infrastructure.
- Works with the team to ensure stable operation, availability, reliability and service ability of Stantec server infrastructure.
- Analyzes and resolves end user software programs and connectivity issues in a timely manner.
- Manages, administrates and supports Windows servers and their associated software and hardware
- Participates in capacity planning and performance monitoring and tuning.
- Implements and supports disaster recovery plans.
- Provides on-call technical support and participates in on-call rotation - (including server maintenance and emergency response work and escalation)
- Assesses need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and executes them if required.
- Supports corporate policies, procedures and best practices pertinent to supporting Windows servers.
- Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Able to work after office hours if required
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Experience with server virtualization using VMware and Hyper-V
- Experience on enterprise servers specifically with HPE ProLiant and/or Dell PowerEdge architecture. Experience on HCI infrastructure would be an asset.
- Experience on server hardware management such as HPE OneView and/or Dell OpenManage
- Experience on server blade infrastructure would be considered an asset
- Experience with Windows 2012 R2 to 2019, knowledge of RDS or clustering on a SAN environment would be considered an asset
- Experience and good understanding of Microsoft Azure Hybrid cloud with good working knowledge of Azure administration is considered an asset
- A good understanding of Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
- Additional knowledge of System Center product suite is considered an asset
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Strong Documentation and collaboration skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed and keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Education and Experience
- IT related certificate or diploma
- Minimum of 5 years server experience in an enterprise environment.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work . This position will require some after-hours and on-call work (rotation). Once a month Service maintenance day (SMD) activities (typically on weekends)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Server and Storage Administration
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001FO
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top