Senior/Supervising Industrial Wastewater Process/Mechanical Engineer
2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
The Bellevue, WA office of Stantec is seeking a mid-level Professional Engineer (PE) to join our multi-disciplinary team of Industrial Wastewater Treatment professionals, each committed to delivering sound and strategic consulting services to a range of local, regional, state and federal clients. Stantec is a global leader in water-related infrastructure and serves as the technical lead on some of the most challenging projects we face today. The successful candidate will apply and further advance their technical skills for the planning, design, and management of environmental and industrial projects focused on industrial wastewater treatment facilities, pipelines, pump stations and related infrastructure for mining, oil/gas, commercial/manufacturing, and aerospace market sectors. If working on challenging industrial wastewater projects and working on teams aimed at delivering solutions to some of the country's most complex wastewater treatment opportunities appeals to you, then you should join our team.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Evaluate and recommend various technologies used to treat complex industrial wastewater.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary design teams on Industrial Wastewater Treatment projects throughout the Pacific Northwest and the western United States.
- Lead specific tasks associated with more complex industrial wastewater treatment projects.
- Prepare and conduct various bench and pilot scale test programs to validate treatment technology selection.
- Conduct technical evaluations of process mechanical equipment and instrumentation to support the detailed design of industrial wastewater treatment facilities.
- Prepare detailed water/mass balance calculations, pump and pipe hydraulic calculations, and detailed process flow diagrams and P&ID drawings.
- Coordinate with project managers, project technical leads, project design engineers and other staff as needed to deliver high-quality products to our clients.
- Prepare technical reports, gather technical design information, and performing alternatives analyses for various technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in civil, chemical, environmental, mechanical or water resources engineering is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
- 6-10 years of engineering experience is required.
- Professionalengineering (PE) license is required or the ability to obtain within one year is required.
- Engineering experience should include any of the following:
- Chemical reactions and water chemistry
- Industrial wastewater treatment design experience
- Experience with complex water chemistry
- Complexwater and chemical mass balances
- Engineering alternatives analysis and value engineering
- Detailed pumping and piping hydraulic calculations
- Water/wastewater treatment process selectionand design including advanced and emerging technologies
- Preparation of detailed basis of design reports, process flow diagrams, P&ID and other discipline-specific drawings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- BasicAutoCAD skills desired but not required.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 6
Discipline Environmental Services
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top