Senior/Mid Transmission Line Engineer
Your Opportunity: Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Our Power group understands the challenges and opportunities available in today's power industry in meeting worldwide demand for clean, efficient energy in the midst of financial, strategic, and regulatory uncertainty. At Stantec, our employees can enjoy great career advancement opportunities and the chance to work on a variety of dynamic and exciting projects including High Voltage and Extra High Voltage AC and DC transmission lines and renewable energy infrastructure projects. We provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Duties: At Stantec, we offer you the opportunity to challenge your abilities in a dynamic and diversified team environment. Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability are paramount to thriving in our proactive organization where strong client service and individual excellence will be the hallmarks of your success.
Our Walnut Creek, CA office has an opportunity for a Mid/Senior Transmission Line Engineer. Project requirements will include detail engineering and support of transmission line projects from conceptual design through construction. You will prepare specifications and scope documents for construction tenders and contracts. You will also be responsible for liaison with clients and contractors, coordinating with various disciplines and permitting agencies, and acting as a mentor for junior Engineers. You will enjoy the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, with the liberty to take on a project management role as desired.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Mid-level Position:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (BSCE) or Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from and ABET accredited college or university.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the design of overhead High Voltage and Extra High Voltage transmission lines including route selection, line and structure spotting, structure design and analysis, and development of construction bid packages. (Underground Transmission design experience up to 230kV is a bonus).
- Experience developing Assembly, L&D and Design drawings for Wood, Concrete, and Steel Poles as well as Lattice Towers.
- Familiar with Geotechnical data interpretation for foundation design for transmission structures.
- Experience designing foundations for a variety of structure types and geotechnical requirements.
- Ability to communicate with Survey and GIS personnel and interpret survey data to achieve project goals.
- Proficient with PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER as well as LPile, FAD Tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Sound understanding of project management systems (engineering, quality, construction, HSE, etc.) as well as field construction support experience.
- Familiar with industry standards regarding transmission lines from ASCE, Cigre, CSA, IEC and IEEE, NESC and GO-95.
- Conductor selection and optimization and fiber optic cable design (Electrical and Structural considerations)
- Same as Mid-Level plus 10 years' experience.
- CA PE required.
- 4+ years of demonstrated project engineering or project management experience with progressive levels of responsibility.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top