Senior/Intermediate Structural Technologist
Your Opportunity Our Atlantic Infrastructure Group has immediate requirements for a Senior or Intermediate Structural Technologist in our Fredericton office. This position is to complement our growing Bridge Team who is actively involved in bridge projects all over Atlantic Canada, and with the potential to work on other National and International projects. We are looking for a highly-motivated individual who can work in a team environment and wants to be involved in exciting Local, Regional, National and International projects.
Your Duties In this role, your responsibilities may include:
- Computer aided drafting and design of civil works including bridges, culverts and other structural-related works.
- Coordinating and preparing engineering drawings of plans, elevations, cross sections and details of bridge structures from rough sketches and/or from general engineering design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Performs design/drafting assignments, requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings, quantities, and construction cost estimates.
- Reinforcing bar detailing for structural works (steel and GFRP).
- Assisting in the writing of technical specifications and proposals.
- Review of Contractor submissions such as shop drawings, schedules, etc.
- Field work including construction inspection, surveying, and assisting with structural inspections and assessments.
- Working collaboratively in a team environment with Project Managers, designers, CADD Technicians and Engineers with minimal supervision.
- Coordination with other disciplines to support a diverse range of projects.
- Actively promotes and contributes to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation.
- Assumes responsibility and meets or exceeds deliverable deadlines for own portion of the project scope, schedule, and budget.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Civil Engineering Technology diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution .
- Membership as, or eligibility to become a Certified Engineering Technologist with the local Technologist Association.
- Minimum 10 years of experience for senior position and 5 years for intermediate position, with bridge design experience.
- Experience with a wide variety of design codes such as the Canadian Highway Bridge Code.
- Positive attitude and interpersonal skills that constitute a team player.
- Ability to coordinate and lead a project team.
- Ability to organize and coordinate the assembly and preparation of contract drawings.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to visualize and produce engineering drawings in 3D.
- Strong verbal and written skills are required.
- Experience and aptitude working in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word & Excel).
- Proficient in AutoCAD. Ability to use Civil 3D is an asset.
- Ability to operate survey equipment is an asset.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset.
- The preferred candidate will be energetic, well organized and self-motivated.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top