Senior Waterfront Engineer
Stantec, a global leader in design and construction of waterfront infrastructure and other large-scale civil works facilities, is currently seeking a Senior Waterfront Engineer (Civil, Geotechnical, Mechanical, or Electrical) for our Northeast Region operations dedicated to marine and waterfront infrastructure projects.
The Senior Waterfront Engineer reports to regional and sectoral managers, with responsibility for championing and managing the delivery of timely, quality services to our private and public sector clients in the Northeast and beyond. The successful candidate will understand and interpret client requirements to assure exceptional performance and client satisfaction. Will assist management in the development of a coherent design team and participate in the staffing and development of Northeast Region resources.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs and oversees engineering planning and design assignments at key stages of projects
- Analyzes complex problems, modifies methods, procedures, processes and proposes new alternative solutions
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates complex assignments; adapts the application of established guidelines and initiates new approaches
- Ensures Stantec's engineering and design procedures and guidelines are consistently and correctly applied on projects, with an eye toward continuous improvement of same
- Oversees the development of entry- and intermediate-level engineers, including developing, maintaining, and implementing a robust training and mentoring program
- Advises on resource requirements for marine and waterfront engineering projects
- Works in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following Stantec health and safety guidelines and policies
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven ability in staff supervision and leadership; experience directly managing others required
- Demonstrates comprehensive and broad technical knowledge in several functions within the field of large civil works projects, with a focus on marine and waterfront infrastructure
- Ability to travel frequently as and when required. Estimated travel: 25-50%.
- Requires BS or BSc degree in engineering from an accredited university; advanced degree preferred.
- Registered professional engineer or ability to obtain registration in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts within six months.
- Minimum of eight to ten years of related work experience.
- Experience with engineering design tools such as MathCAD, BIM, Microsoft Project, or Primavera P6
- Prior experience with US Federal agency engineering and construction projects (USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEE, etc.) a plus
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Maine-Scarborough, United States-New Hampshire-Auburn
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001Y1
Back to top