Senior Water Resources/Municipal Engineer
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Our Ottawa office has an opportunity for a Senior Water Resources/Municipal Engineer within their Water group.
Your Duties: In this role you will be responsible for the management of a variety of Civil Engineering Infrastructure projects and studies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Marketing & Business Development: Market the firm's engineering and multi-discipline capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients. Prepare statements of qualification and proposal responses for potential projects.
- Develop scope of work, and negotiate fees and contract terms for project work.
- Project Management: Manage project staff, scope, budget, schedule, and client expectations in accordance with sound management practices, and Stantec's Project Management Framework. Interface with and support multi-discipline engineering/environmental teams.
- Assist with the implementation of Stantec's Health and Safety program.
- Water infrastructure planning studies including Master Servicing Plans (water, storm & sanitary), Master Drainage Plans, Subwatershed Plans, and Wastewater Master Plans.
- Preparation of detailed studies, modeling and design of storm and wastewater collection systems, and stormwater management infrastructure (residential, commercial, transportation).
- Applying diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices, including advanced techniques, theory, precepts, and practices in the municipal engineering field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Provide quality control and independent review of deliverables.
- Coach, mentor and assist junior staff in their career development.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following:
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- P.Eng. or eligibility for registration with PEO.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant post-graduation experience.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid experience with hydrologic and hydraulic models in support of municipal projects.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top