Senior Water Resources Engineer
- Denver, CO
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec is seeking an experienced Water Resources Engineer to lead and support flood risk reduction projects related to dams and levees as well as riverine and coastal protection projects. This Water Resources Engineer, to be based out of Denver Colorado, is also expected to be a key contributor to the growth of providing risk-based design and assessment expertise to clients in the U.S. and throughout the world.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide project management, coordination, and technical execution of projects.
- Support and provide leadership in risk and uncertainty engineering including participation in risk assessments, consequence assessments, implementation of risk-informed decision-making processes, evaluation of risk-reduction measures, and serving as a subject matter expert.
- Contribute to project proposals and scoping.
- Develop models and input data for water resources and risk management applications, calibrate and validate output, and perform simulations.
- Prepare documentation, reports, and presentations.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects, as well as perform reviews of work performed by others to ensure accuracy and completeness, standard of care, and compliance with standard practices.
- Provide industry leadership through professional organizations including holding key positions, publishing papers and presentations, and elevating Stantec's brand in the Water Resource Sector.
- Communicate and collaborate with the project team, project managers, clients, and local communities, and coordinate with teams in dispersed geographic locations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- PE (Professional Engineer) certification
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought
- Expertise in hydrology and hydraulics, including modeling experience
- Capacity to communicate clearly via phone, email, technical writing and in-person to internal and external clients
- Passion for water resources and risk management
- Possesses excellent time management skills, thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources
- Experience in dam/levee safety and risk management, assessments of downstream consequences, flood hydrology, early warning systems, and incident response
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation
- Perform GIS analyses to support engineering and technical services
- Leadership experience including program and project management
- Experience with risk and uncertainty engineering methods and practices
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil, Water Resources, Environmental Engineering, or a related degree
- 8-12 years water resources experience including hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, and planning and design of flood risk reduction projects
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000014X
Back to top