Senior Water Resources Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity Our Ottawa office has an opportunity for a Senior Water Resources/Municipal Engineer within the Water group. In this role you will be responsible for the management of a variety of Civil Engineering Infrastructure projects and studies.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Water infrastructure planning studies including Master Servicing Plans (water, storm & sanitary), Master Drainage Plans, Subwatershed Plans, and Wastewater Master Plans.
- Preparation of detailed studies, modeling and design of storm and wastewater collection systems, and stormwater management infrastructure (residential, commercial, transportation).
- Marketing & Business Development: Market the firm's engineering and multi-discipline capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients. Prepare statements of qualification and proposals for potential projects.
- Develop scope of work, and negotiate fees and contract terms for project work.
- Project Management: Manage project staff, scope, budget, schedule, and client expectations in accordance with sound management practices, and Stantec's Project Management Framework. Interface with and support multi-discipline engineering/environmental teams.
- Assist with the implementation of Stantec's Health and Safety program.
- Applying diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices, including advanced techniques, theory, precepts, and practices in the municipal engineering field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Provide quality control and independent review of deliverables.
- Coach, mentor and assist junior staff in their career development.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid experience with hydrologic and hydraulic models in support of municipal projects.
Education and Experience Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution with a minimum 10 years of water resources experience. Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
Position will primarily work in an office setting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top