Senior Water Resources Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Opportunity An opportunity exists within Stantec's Water Sector for an experienced Senior Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Columbus, OH. As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to plan, analyze and design stormwater management systems and facilities primarily in the municipal market sector as part of a dynamic design team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, preparing detailed design calculations, developing construction drawings and specifications, and overseeing design implementation.
- The candidate must be able to work effectively with all project team members, including the client, project manager, and junior staff.
- Leading a design team and managing tasks related to the detailed studies, modeling and designs associated with the management of stormwater conveyance systems and related facilities
- Coordinating with engineers and technical staff to ensure that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Preparing proposals for new projects
- Managing project budgets, staff allocation for projects, and preparing and reviewing invoices prior to issuance to the client
- Meeting regularly with project team members, including clients, to provide project updates and review project needs
- Following established processes for obtaining necessary project approvals from various agencies
- Writing technical reports and design briefs to document analyses
- Taking responsibility for the quality of your written, technical and graphic work
- Coordinating design drawings, in an AutoCAD environment, for stormwater management features
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with multiple hydrologic and hydraulic models, such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, etc.
- Working knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and FEMA flood mapping and mitigation programs.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcGIS, and MS Office
- Must be willing to travel for project needs as required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate to take projects to completion
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members and client
Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
Minimum 10 years total experience
Minimum 5 years experience in the analysis/design of water resources projects
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top