Senior Water Resources Engineer
Your Opportunity Our Community Development team in the GTA is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life where people live, work, and play, and is comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who create high-quality and sustainable environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive. Whether it's for a new phase, a new neighborhood, a revitalization, or a new city, our professionals manage a variety of projects from initial planning to decommissioning. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. With services that include urban design; urban and master planning; park and recreation design; bicycle, pedestrian, and multi-use trails and pathway design; landscape architecture design; civil engineering infrastructure design; feasibility studies; earthworks analysis; drainage studies; stormwater management studies; and design for site and infrastructure improvements, we provide efficient solutions that are environmentally responsible, functional, and technically sound. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
An opportunity exists in either our Markham or Mississauga, Ontario offices for a motivated Senior Water Resources Engineer to join a large water resources group extending across several offices with a diverse water resources workload. This position would include the opportunity to manage water resources projects and water resources tasks of larger projects and will involve working with other experts in the fields of land development, water, environmental management, transportation, architecture, and various other disciplines.
Your Duties As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to plan and carry out water resources projects in a dynamic team setting and you will be able to use your presentation skills to explain complex issues and to develop new clients and project assignments. You will report directly to Senior Leadership. Other responsibilities include:
- Undertaking detailed studies, modeling, and design tasks associated with surface water resources, including the preparation of Subwatershed Studies/Plans, Master Environmental Servicing Plans, Functional Servicing Reports, floodplain delineation/management analyses, water quality/quantity monitoring, erosion control studies, channel restoration, stormwater management and drainage design for commercial, residential, industrial, transportation, institutional, and mining projects.
- Coordinating with other project managers, design engineers, technical staff, and multi-disciplinary team members to ensure that project needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Preparing proposals for new projects and assisting with business development initiatives,
- Meeting with agency and municipal officials with respect to project specific water resources issues.
- Researching issues related to stormwater and water resources that impact individual projects.
- Preparing/overseeing technical reports and design briefs to document analyses.
- Taking responsibility for quality of project deliverables.
- Coordinating with drafting and GIS staff to prepare report figures and/or design drawings.
- Coordination with multi-disciplinary teams of professionals on a variety of water resources related projects.
- Managing other staff/team members, project budgets, resource allocation, and preparing and reviewing invoices prior to issuance.
Your Capabilities and Credentials As the ideal candidate, you are registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario or are eligible for registration. You have at least 10 years of water resources experience in the Province of Ontario. Your ability to work in a team environment, with minimal supervision, is desirable. Ideally, you are a self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. In addition, you possess a strong working knowledge of various software for planning and design of water management facilities (e.g. SWMHYMO, Visual OTTHYMO, PCSWMM, HEC-RAS). You have a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none.
We have a great group of people in our office and invite you to join our team!
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top