Senior Water Resources Engineer
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
An opportunity exists within Stantec's Water Sector for an experienced Senior Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Columbus, OH.
As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to plan, analyze and design stormwater management systems and facilities primarily in the municipal market sector as part of a dynamic design team. The ideal candidate will be experienced in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, preparing detailed design calculations, developing construction drawings and specifications, and overseeing design implementation. The candidate must be able to work effectively with all project team members, including the client, project manager, and junior staff.
Other responsibilities include:
- Leading a design team and managing tasks related to the detailed studies, modeling and designs associated with the management of stormwater conveyance systems and related facilities
- Coordinating with engineers and technical staff to ensure that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Preparing proposals for new projects
- Managing project budgets, staff allocation for projects, and preparing and reviewing invoices prior to issuance to the client
- Meeting regularly with project team members, including clients, to provide project updates and review project needs
- Following established processes for obtaining necessary project approvals from various agencies
- Writing technical reports and design briefs to document analyses
- Taking responsibility for the quality of your written, technical and graphic work
- Coordinating design drawings, in an AutoCAD environment, for stormwater management features
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, hydrology or related field required
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or the ability to obtainwithin 6 months.
- Minimum 10 years total experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in the analysis/design of water resources projects
- Experience with multiple hydrologic and hydraulic models, such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, etc.
- Working knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and FEMA flood mapping and mitigation programs.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcGIS, and MS Office
- Must be willing to travel for project needs as required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate to take projects to completion
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members andclient
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top