Senior Water Network Engineer - Leeds
Stantec have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Water Network Engineer to join our team in Leeds on a permanent basis.
Globally, Stantec sets the gold standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. In the UK, Stantec has been selected by key Clients across the UK as a strategic consultancy provider. As a consequence we are now looking for the right people to join our team to help deliver this exciting opportunity.
This is a chance to join an evolving team in providing support to meeting client's challenges in the area of Clean Water Infrastructure and leakage management.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and Stantec expectations. The role will also provide technical leadership and support to the development of client leakage and water network strategies.
The role is for a Senior Network Engineer with responsibility for providing support and ensuring the technical delivery of project outcomes in line with the Client's strategic direction.
• Technical expertise in water network distribution and in particular water loss reduction through effective strategy implementation and operational management.
• Sound understanding of UK and worldwide 'best practice' in Water Loss management and the regulatory frameworks under which client's operate.
• Work as part of a team involved in a variety of projects focused upon Water Loss Reduction including effective benefits realisation.
• Support in the technical leadership on projects in terms of developing and managing people and tasks, managing project budgets, scope and risk.
• Working knowledge of pipeline and asset management techniques; active leakage control methods and pressure management.
• Prepare reports, calculations, drawings required to support the successful delivery of projects.
• Maintain communication and develop on going contacts with clients as required.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec's Core Values and in accordance with Stantec's Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing contacts with clients as required
• Build relationships with new clients and key stakeholders
• Facilitate the exchange of ideas, concepts and skills throughout the company,
through effective networking of staff, use of intranet etc
Senior Water Network Engineer - Leeds
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
• A Chartered or incorporated member of a relevant professional body or working towards a relevant professional qualification.
• Experience within the water industry and in particular the successful development and delivering of effective water loss reduction strategies.
• Skilled water loss practitioner able to apply advanced techniques and knowledge
• Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently
• Good analytical skills as well as evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information, supporting the ability to make operational and strategic decisions relating to leakage.
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordancce with QA and H&S procedures.
• Experience in Team Leadership and Line Management role, and in the development of staff.
• Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
• Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team - both written and oral
• Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
• Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively for self and team
• Excellent client service focus
• Flexible approach to work
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
UK-West Yorkshire- Leeds
Back to top