Senior Water and Wastewater Design Engineer
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
We are seeking a professional and dynamic Senior Water and Wastewater Design Engineer to join our Water group at our Edmonton location.
- Effectively work to develop water/wastewater characterization and basis of design, alternative evaluation, treatability testing, process definition, and conceptual design for water and wastewater treatment systems
- Work with applicable water and wastewater regulations and compliance strategies that maximize operating flexibility and reduce total project costs
- Undertake process mechanical design of water and wastewater treatment systems including facility layout, piping design, equipment selection and specification preparation
- Work with multidisciplinary design teams in the preparation of engineering design packages and participate in quality reviews
- Participate in water and wastewater business development initiatives and proposal preparation.
- Follow all quality guidelines as set out in the Quality Assurance manual while adhering to relevant Stantec or client drawing standards
- Ensure work is performed and completed in a safe manner
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institute (related graduate degree would be preferred)
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in water and/or wastewater treatment and process mechanical design
- Eligibility for registration with APEGA
- Proven expertise and advanced knowledge in treatment technologies
- Experience leading water and wastewater design teams or multidisciplinary design teams in preparing engineering design packages is preferred
- Strong communication skills, including participation in professional societies and authoring professional papers and presentations are preferred
- Candidates with lesser experience may be considered
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top